Thursday, January 6, 2011

Plans


At this time of year I always find it easy to be waylaid by my old diaries.  I have sporadically kept personal journals for over 30 years and they offer a fascinating insight into me as I used to be.  One thing that surfaced in my resolutions year after year was "painting the front fence."  The problem was that I was not prepared to begin until I knew there would be time to do the full 80 metres of it -- a half painted fence being worse than an unpainted one.

Then sometime last year I decided I liked it the way it was ... a nice weathered brown ... what a relief, I could tick that off the list.  And now in one corner I notice that nature is managing the problem anyway.

Reflection:
"The Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; He will not fail thee or forsake thee." Deut 31:6

By every promise Thou has made
And by the price Thy love has paid
For my release
And keep through every hour my soul
In perfect peace.

4 comments:

  1. Just the scripture that I needed today! Thanks! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re your little black bird with the red beak that scurries along the 'forest floor'.

    How about a Dollar-bird (immature). His wing feathers glisten to irridescent green in the sunlight.

    Or

    How about a male Blackbird who would appear to have a bit of grey scalloping on the breast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is more than one way to skin
    a cat. i love the green corner of
    your brown fence.

    i love your poem more!

    ReplyDelete