Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sacred


It's Sunday and since I have been showing rather a lot of indoors shots lately it's time I went out to the garden. This is the flower of the sacred bamboo which will turn into red berries sometime in Autumn.

Our guests have been a delight this weekend and as we each attend different church denominations we have been taking turns with each visit. Hence we were in a new church this weekend where we found a real warmth among God's people -- encircled in a sacred space where lives are being transformed.

Reflection:
"As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is around about his people."  Psalm 125:2

'Tis He who saveth me,
And freely pardon gives;
I love because He loveth me,
I live because He lives.

5 comments:

  1. A 'nandina domestica' do you mean? I used to have some little versions of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's it. Ours is not the dwarf version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image shows the sacred.

    The warmth of fellowship shows through your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it does look sacred.

    i'm glad you had fun at your friend's
    church. i love visiting different
    denominations.

    ReplyDelete