Thursday, January 13, 2011

Welcome


The hallway all clean and polished and summer flowers ready to welcome our guests on Monday.  We had a wonderful time despite wet weather.  I am not complaining about the rain any more given the troubles they are having with rain in Queensland.  We have many family members and friends up that way, all of their homes are currently safe from the rising floodwaters.

By the way catering for 100 is not as bad as it sounds. People bring either a salad or desert and drink. I provide the venue and barbecue.  The big challenge is trying to guess how many will turn up and what we will be short of ... this year too much bread and not enough green salad ... I stock up so I can quickly fill any gaps and send spare food home with guests. Oh yes, I use plastic plates, cups and cutlery and collect it all in big garbage bags. There a always plenty of people who volunteer to wash up serving platters.  And I schedule the cleaner to come the next day to wipe away the muddy footprints.

Reflection:
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of Grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.  Hebrews 4:16

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty sight to welcome your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looked lovely! I'm sure that your guest enjoyed themselves. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful space .. glad to hear you are staying away from flood problems

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so peaceful, but guess it will be pretty noisy on Monday with 10o guests. I am sure you'll have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the look around your house.
    It's just lovely.
    I love everything in about this photo.
    Especially the elephant.
    It's an elephant, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Letty thanks. As you know I love looking around your home via your blog. We call the elephant a mammoth I am not sure if the artist lead us to this conclusion ... lost in the mists of time.

    ReplyDelete