Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ain't love grand


We've never bothered with Valentine's Day.  It wasn't done much in our youth and really only seems to have caught on in recent years. However some 30 years ago my husband was really keen to buy this art object.  I thought it was ugly. We had reached an impasse.  So for the first and only time time he decided to buy me a Valentine's Day gift.  How could I not love him for it and learn to love the pig which he says is an alligator.

Reflection:

"Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:39

8 comments:

  1. It caught one because of a gap in the retail cycle.

    *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good against the yellow wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very cool piece, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's probably an incredibly valuable piece
    of 'pig that looks like an alligator.'

    happy valentine's day to my down under
    friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. big smile ..I've had a few of those over the years!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No no ... I have a clearer shot of the Royal ... but could not find it last night ... among the thousands on my hard drive ... need to take some more to complete the 'five ways' so shall get you anothery ...

    ReplyDelete