Monday, June 27, 2011

Break in


A week ago our house was broken into when we were away for the weekend.  Fortunately the thieves were disturbed when we arrived home very late at night so left without taking any of the many things they had lined up at the doorways ready to go. 

We have not yet managed to get everything back in order, in particular our computer network.  Hence my sudden disappearance from the blogosphere.  Hopefully things will return to normal soon and I will be back posting and visiting your blogs again.

Reflection:
Matthew 6:19-21

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

9 comments:

  1. Oh Joan Elizabeth! I am so sorry that happened to you. I am so thankful that they were disturbed and did not get away with all of your precious things. If I lived nearby, I would be right over to help. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very sorry ..it is a horrible thing to go through..thinking of you friend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that burns me up! i am so glad, though,
    nothing was stolen and that you weren't
    hurt. i can't imagine how long it took to
    put things back to order.

    so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm ... leaves a rotten feeling in the stomach, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully you were not hurt as you came upon them. What a violation of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling, Joan, I had a beach house in the south and it was vandalized one day. They simply destroyed what they couldn't manage to take with them. Among other stuff I lost every piece of my collection of african art I brought from Angola. It was awful! I am sorry and hope things are OK now in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Most things are back in order but our computer network is still down (I've been using mobile broadband to get by) and my husband's office is still quite a mess as they just opened files an upended them. His office is always untidy but it was orderly in his mind.

    JM, Many of our paintings were off the walls ready to go. I would have been so sad to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - they were very thorough thieves. And they made a bloody mess! They didn't miss one of those drawers.

    My sister disturbed her thieves too and just like you, all the loot was lined up at the door. But her thieves were a lot tidier than yours.
    Maybe they saw my sister's junk room and took pity on her - it is like a room on that tv show Hoarders.
    Plus they brought a bone for her dog - how clever is that?

    Poor old thieves wouldn't get much at our place - just all my op shop junk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope things are back to normal as can be expected by now and that they're caught soon. Obviously, they had been watching your comings and goings. A pox on them and their clan.

    ReplyDelete