Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Winter romance


I'm so glad the tree blew over last week.  This week would have been quite a different story, the wind is blowing a gale and there are trees down all over the place.  It would have been much harder to get help and may have caused damage rather than its gentle fall.

All the good citizens of Lawson spent a romantic night last night.  The power went off at about 5pm and stayed off until 10am this morning so we spent the evening huddled in candle lit rooms beside log fires. Outside it was cold and pitch black except for the tantalising glow of Sydney on the far horizon.

It's very wintery out there.

Reflection:
"My grace is sufficient for thee" 2 Cor 12:9

8 comments:

  1. such soft colors in this ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. but so very beautiful .. i am always amazed when electricity goes out its so quiet~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wintery picture! I so enjoy seeing what's going on in your part of the world. Stay warm and toasty in your lovely home. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're ok up there. My friend at Wenty Falls said they lost power for almost a day. And I've seen all those horrendous photos of trees falling over at Blackheath too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Winam, we were fine, the winds were high but did not seem much worse than other times here. At the time I did this post I was not aware of the extent of the storm damage further up the line or the fact they they were not going to get power back for days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful image with the perfect title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. brr! it's no fun having no power . . .
    unless one has a cozy fire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous photo.
    I love the sparkly little drops.

    ReplyDelete