Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hunting


The bird hunt continues.  You can see the blossom has all but gone but there is still much of interest to spot from my desk. This lovely creature is a King Parrot.  I saw a Brown Cuckoo-Dove in the tree last week but as I was in the middle of a conference call so could not catch it with my camera.   It was nonetheless  very exciting as it is the first time I have seen one in my garden.

Reflection:
"And the Lord will deliver the from every evil work." 2 Tomothy 4:18

6 comments:

  1. seems so amazing that these birds are right outside your window ..what a stunning color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a female or an immmature do you reckon. They are stunning, I agree.

    The brown cuckoo-dove might come back. Here's hoping. I saw them up at O'Reillys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking immature, it is quite small

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really lovely king parrot. Don't see any of those on the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Wish I have this colourful beauties flying around my house too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winam, there is a good chance that they are in the wooded areas of the coast. Listen for their high pitched whistle, it is distinctive.

    Jose and Elk, I never cease to feel the privilege of sharing the world with such beauty.

    ReplyDelete