Sunday, January 1, 2012

New broom


It's like a jungle out there in the garden ... so much rain.  I've been using the Christmas break to get to some belated Spring cleaning inside and out.  And today we have a shiny New Year too.

It's always nice to try something a little different as well as continuing with the tried and true so this year I am going to add a mid-week post where I do a little reminiscing with recollections of when I first 'met' the flowers I find in my garden.  Do you remember the first time you noticed, really noticed, an azalea, camelia or forget-me-not?  Or perhaps an old fashioned violet or carnation brings back some fragrant memory from the past.  I'm going to dig up these stories and dig into my boxes of photos and memorabilia .., so much more fun than digging in the garden.

Happy New Year to each of you.  May it be one full of great blessings -- I'm excited and eager for the new things the Lord has in store.


Reflection:
“This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 NIV

6 comments:

  1. And to you too, Joan. And Ian. Happy New Year. May it be full of health. And contentment. With a little bit of happiness thrown in for good measure.

    I like the sound of that mid-week post. I am eager to see how you approach it, and am only too happy to hear someone reminisce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bike - blimey!

    In my brother's nursing home, there is a little device that trains the legs. On sits on a table or even a chair, and rides this 'half-bike'. That would do me.

    You mean a real bike don't you, not an exercise bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree, it is good to get out and amongst it. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep a real bike - but an e-bike so not so much exercise for me.

    An e-bike is electrically assisted. Pedal a little and it will kick in with a bit of extra umph, perfect for getting up hills or getting someplace faster than mere stamina will deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see petrol-assisted bikes, but did not know there was such a thing as an e-bike ... you sure it is not an i-bike ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an interesting project. Looking forward to the new year and what lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete