Sunday, April 8, 2012

Be Exalted, O God




I have thinking. What from this Easter season would reflect the joy and peace I experience through the Lord's sacrifice and triumphant resurrection.

Reflection:
Selected verses in italics from Psalm 57

Would it be the berries on the catoneaster, like oozing drops of blood?
My soul was bowed down
Would it be the full moon rising in the east as the sun lowered behind the trees in the west?
Let your glory be over all the earth
Would it be the thunder and lightening playing outside tonight?
In the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by.
Would it be the cyclamen rising from the sun warmed earth with petals lifted to the heavens?
I will sing and make melody!
Would it be that I have been humming these words ever since I checked this week's Psalm challenge and again as I sunk into the bath tub tonight.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
Let your glory be over all the earth!

I hope you have all had a blessed Easter, celebrating with the risen Christ.


11 comments:

  1. We had a good day, Joan. Hope you had a good week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a good day, Joan. Hope you had a good week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple is amazing ! Thank you very much for your kind participation. Please have a good new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and color. I would love to take a bath in that purple:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. is that a cyclamen? such beauty and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have chosen such meaningful thoughts. What a beautiful and soft photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful and meaningful post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a wonderful Easter! -Carla

    ReplyDelete