Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sadness and trust


We have been away in Canberra and Sydney for a week and came home to find Autumn has moved in. The weather this weekend has been warm and glorious, though we are having a rainstorm again just now. Autumn is a special time of year, tinged just a little with sadness as summer fades.  Today's Psalm is also tinged with sadness but also with resolute trust.

Reflection
Psalm 56:3-4 New International Version (NIV)
"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust and am not afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?"

Participating in this weeks Psalm Challenge #56

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful version of this verse! Ah, autumn..here is lovely Spring:-)

    Wish you a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like autumn the best of the seasons, probably because I like the cooler weather and the incredible light that you get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ivy is really lovely painted with its autumn colors. My favorite time of year is autumn because of the color...but here in California we are well on our way to springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't see any change in the plants in Autumn. The days are lovely with blue skies again (yes its stopped raining) and the temperature reasonable for gardening and walking. So why am I here sitting in front of my computer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a plant similar to that here. They are so filled with vibrant color in the autumn. Blessings to you this Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you just used one of my favorite words . . . resolute.
    the Lord was resolute in following the torturous
    path to the cross.

    ReplyDelete