Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fruit in season


This is the fruit of the pittosporum, a pleasant small tree with fragrant flowers and very prolific --
 seedlings pop up all over the garden (aka a weed). I don't think the fruit is edible to humans but clearly the birds love them.

Reflection:
Psalm 1:1-3
"Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers."

Robert from the Psalm challenge is taking a break but I so enjoy reflecting on the Psalms each Sunday I have decided to start back at number 1 while we await his return in a couple of months time.

2 comments:

  1. Always enjoy finding these here on Sunday. Blessings for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are new to me like much of Australian flora is beyond my experience. I love to see the fruit ripening for the birds.

    ReplyDelete