Sunday, August 19, 2012

Work of his fingers


Our camellias are doing great this year.  Walking about the garden recently  - not this weekend, though my back is much better, because it's blowing a gale and the temperatures have plummeted. I spotted this one, unusual because the rest of the flowers on the bush are white with just a pink edge like the one below. One of a kind.


Reflection:
Psalm 8:3-4 New International Version (NIV)
"When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?"

2 comments:

  1. What soft and elegant beauty. Are they fragrant as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are not fragrant. Some camellias have very mild fragrance but most don't have any. Some of the smaller ones in my garden are fragrant but I have to stick my nose right into the flower to smell anything.

    ReplyDelete