Sunday, January 13, 2013

A lost cause - not

Reflection #1:
Psalm 88 The Message (MSG)
"I’m written off as a lost cause,
one more statistic, a hopeless case."

Psalm 88 is unrelenting in its despondence, but here is a lesson in not giving up,  I was surprised this week to find the lemon tree I had long abandoned to the weeds producing fruit.





And something else I found in the garden this week.


No that is not a hose lying beside the rocks of our refurbished pond it is a Red Bellied Black Snake ... and yes it is venomous.   We are having wonderfully warm weather (not fiercely hot like in the lowlands and inland) so snakes are on the move.  I understand they like to be near water to eat frogs and lizards and there are plenty of them at the pond.

It is the first time I have seen a snake in the garden. Because we have been enjoying the new tinkling pond we saw what has been no doubt lurking there all along. I will be a little more cautious when out and about in the future!

Reflection #2
Psalm 88 New International Version
"Lord, you are the God who saves me;
day and night I cry out to you."

Participating in Psalm Challenge #88 hosted by Athen's Daily Photo.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I looking forward to see something green in my garden. There are lots of snails in here in summertime, but not in my garden thankfully.

    Hope you have a blessed Sunday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi, one of those scary creatures of Australia right there in your garden. I pray there is room for you and the snake to live together there, without getting in one another's way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! We have garter snakes here but they are harmless apart from the "startle" factor they give one unexpectedly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From where I come from, Green is the colour of hope.

    Lemons over here in our garden are fully ripe and bright yellow. The snake a great detail to the verses second part. How very thoughtful.

    Thank you very much for your effort and kind participation. Please have a good new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, keep a close watch on where you place your feet! All the greenery in your garden is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a visitor! Watch out, as you know Australia has some of the most venomous snakes in the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete