Sunday, January 27, 2013

Growing up


In the past few weeks this baby King Parrot has been making a lot of noise calling for food but now is becoming more independent though the feathers have a way to go to before they reach the splendour of Mum and Dad ( I showed a mature male King Parrot last week). The whole family was visiting the cherry tree.

Reflection:
Psalm 90: 10,12 New International Version
"Our days may come to seventy years,
or eighty, if our strength endures;
yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow,
for they quickly pass, and we fly away ...
Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

Participating in Psalm Challenge #90 sponsored by Robert at Athens Daily Photo.

7 comments:

  1. he is too cute! i wonder when he becomes independent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Lea but he was doing a pretty good job of looking after himself.

      Delete
  2. I wish we could "fly away" in the sense that your pretty parrot can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young birds have a certain "cuteness" about them. Such soft shades in his feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... to be a bird.

    Would give a finger to be able to fly. Becoming a father five years ago, this image and its thoughts certainly moved me much. Yes, in the end it comes down to being able to provide the kids with wings to fly.

    Thank you very much for your kind participation ! Please have a good new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, he certainly is more toned down than his parent, but still quite beautiful. I was surprised to see the contrast when I compared the two of them. I guess babies need more camoflage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very coloful and beautiful bird! I will never see this around my house..:-)

    Blessed day/night to you!

    ReplyDelete