Sunday, November 10, 2013

Proportion


When I bought a jar of crab apple jelly at a market this year it had me wondering why there was no fruit on our big crab apple tree.  So this season I make a point of looking and I see they are very insignificant berry sized apples.

I've been working long hours lately.  Today's verse is a bit of a reminder about proportion.

Reflection:
Psalm 127:2 New International Version (NIV)
"In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves."

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If I don't manage much this month then Christmas is coming up and I get a good break then.

      Delete
  2. These look so pretty. The deer and birds have eaten most of the ones here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the birds feast on these too. It's in a part of the garden no really visible from the house so I don't see what they are up to.

      Delete
  3. I just read your comment at my place and chuckled.
    You're lovely, and I'm sweet! hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=427265800706329&set=a.126632807436298.17313.125117554254490&type=1&theater

    is this TRUE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is!! I did not know about them until a few years ago but several of my blog friends who have experienced floods in the past couple of years have reported these. They are Wolf Spiders which live in the ground by the millions is seems -- we are usually unaware of them. When the floods come they climb up blades of grass and spin metres of silk in the hopes of catching a breeze that will carry them to safety. The first time I came across this one of my blog friends reported them flying thru the air on such a breeze. Then others reported them on an ground like the shot the link shows. I've never seen it myself.

      Delete