Sunday, November 2, 2014

Take delight


A few weeks ago when the crabapple was in flower I planted out the vegetable garden beds. Soon after many of the seedlings fed blackbirds, bowerbirds or possums (not sure which) but they have left me a few lettuce and a tomato that has flowers so hopefully some tasty treats a little further down the track.

Reflection:
Psalm 37:3-4 New International Version (NIV)
"Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart."

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks so green there. Most of the leaves have fallen here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hot weather has wiped out a lot of our seedlings as well as other critters. We can only replant and leave them in the shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can see some "half-hearted" netting around the raised beds. You could get Ian to construct something more lasting. It would be a shame to waste the work done thus far.

    Seems cruel, but I will post an image of my veggie patch. Don't look if you don't want to cry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read the other comments. On a hot day, eg Saturday just gone, I might water my potted veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, capsicum) three times a day. On Saturday, they were already wilting at 8am!

      Delete
  4. No netting at all. Was thinking of trying again with some netting in place. Pas for watering on hot days. I just don't have time for that much fuss and was in Clandulla anyway. Fortunately not as hot here.

    ReplyDelete