Saturday, January 10, 2015

Vege patch


We came back from our Christmas holiday and found the vege patch had gone mad.  There has been quite a lot of rain of late as well as warmth and the garden is lapping it up.

Exhausted
I've been gardening today
lifting rocks and pulling
weeds. I saw white
butterflies as play.

A blackbird walking
in the grass and tiny
birds tweeting high
in the trees. Over the
fence flash of blue
bower bird and
then his strange call.

Under the rocks were
spiders, worms, snails
slugs, millepedes, lizards,
slaters, beetles and
other creepy crawlies.

Right now I feel as if
I would like to crawl
under a rock and sleep.

Reflection:
Matthew 11:28 New International Version (NIV)
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment