Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Weeded


It might not look great to you but let me assure you it is a great sight better than it was.


Weeding 
With a clip, then a tug
tangling vines snake
through the long grass
winding into a pile
of discards.

Blackberry clasps
grasping anything to take
hold and not give way
Fighting its release
to the end.

A dig of the fork
and hard soil breaks
so grass and buttercups
relax and respond
to a pull.

Lavender and daises
now sway free
in the warm summer
breeze.

Reflection:
Proverbs 24:30-32 New International Version (NIV)
"I went past the field of a sluggard,
past the vineyard of someone who has no sense;
thorns had come up everywhere,
the ground was covered with weeds,
and the stone wall was in ruins.
I applied my heart to what I observed
and learned a lesson from what I saw."

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your poem and the sight of green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem and a job well done. Always most satisfying :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go back to work next Monday. I am wondering if I will be able to preserve some garden time once work demands start again. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete