Sunday, February 1, 2015

Creativity


You might remember my new year resolution to transform my garden into a parklike garden instead of a wild garden.  Part of the action plan was to go through the weed patch down the back and cut all the privet which over time had turned into ever so many "trees".

This photo was taken a month or more ago.  At the left you can see the stump of one of the privets which was too big for my garden loppers to cut so was standing waiting for my husband to go through with the chainsaw.

Since then this stump and all the others I left have sprouted with new leaves.  I now have a new idea, to try and turn then into topiary balls -- if I am successful that could add to the park like effect.

Reflection:
Ephesians 2:10 New International Version (NIV)
"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

2 comments:

  1. Making a topiary will be fun - especially seeing they're already obliging with the new growth !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wondering what to do about the fishbone fern. It is pretty and fills a spot (is even outdoing the agapanthus) but am I leaving myself with a future nightmare I wonder?

      Delete