Sunday, January 3, 2016

Anyone for tea?


I have never used these teacups which belonged to my mother (and I never saw her use them either) so I thought it fun to polish the silver and put them out of display. There is a tiered silver cake plate and candelabra out of the frame - you can see their shadows.

It is going to be a busy week for guests with our city church coming for lunch tomorrow.  A couple staying over tomorrow night and two more guests coming for a few days at the end of the week.  Lucky I am still on holidays.

Maybe I will find time to serve high tea.

Reflection:
Romans 12:10
"Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honour."


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Joan! I pray this is a joyful, peaceful year for you. Your tea set is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to have you pop by Leah. I pray that you have a wonderful year too.
      I wish you and Lettie (below) could come to my place to play ladies with me.

      Delete
  2. Oh lovely.
    My sister and mother and I sometimes play ladies and have tea and cake with the old cake plates and cake forks I have collected from op shops.
    Not very often but every now and then I'll bake a cake and it turns into something special when we play ladies.
    I hope to do more of it this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since our current guests are bachelors so I guess I can't really play ladies :-)

      Delete