Friday, January 6, 2017

Making friends


I have decided to make a friend of the ivy.  Small plants have established in parts of the garden, where not much else will grow.  So instead of weeding it out, I will let it grow and make a ground cover.  It is not too much trouble to clear it from the tree trunks once a year and clip it back where it has become too vigorous.

There is a big pine tree up at the Everglades where the ivy ground cover below looks really good.

Reflection:
Matthew 5:23-24 The Message
“This is how I want you to conduct yourself in these matters. If you enter your place of worship and, about to make an offering, you suddenly remember a grudge a friend has against you, abandon your offering, leave immediately, go to this friend and make things right. Then and only then, come back and work things out with God."

2 comments:

  1. Yes, food for thought, there's a place for everything in the garden... sometimes it's not evident but eventually it works. I was told once that I'd "be sorry" when I was encouraging native violets to run rampant in a certain patch, as they'd take over too much. Well, it's 6 years on and I'm still thrilled with them - each mowing smells gorgeous and seems to make them flower more. Cheers now :D)

    ReplyDelete